- With the Executive Director, plan, organize and implement construction and infrastructure projects, and help create a multi-year plan of action based on a Strategic Plan set by the board.
- Create and optimize estimates and financial responsibilities for moving a project from concept to completion.
- Manage the details, volunteers, contractors, and resources needed for project completion.
- Be the main liaison for driving a project forward and completing it in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Organize, prioritize, budget for, and communicate various projects
Building, Grounds & Equipment Maintenance:
- Coordinate the volunteers who are responsible for the upkeep and improvement of facilities and grounds – including lawn maintenance, beautification, cleaning, trash, and ongoing maintenance of grounds and equipment.
- Maintain a budget to buy, replace, or restore current equipment or new equipment cost-effectively
- Maintain or coordinate volunteers to maintain the pool, Tabernacle, grounds, buildings, campground, etc. on a regular basis
- Maintain or coordinate volunteers to maintain all equipment/vehicles on a regular schedule
- Project maintenance costs for each fiscal year budget
- Recruit volunteers to help mow grass, trim weeds, cut/split wood and other specific projects
- Coordinate the projects, budget, and job responsibilities for annual volunteer work days
- Plan work for, organize and lead work groups
Guest Services & Group Preparation:
- Complete work orders from housekeeping and other staff to keep the lodging spaces, meeting rooms, kitchens, restrooms, and facilities exceptional for positive guest experiences.
- Assist in preparing grounds, facilities and equipment to accommodate upcoming guests, camps, and retreat groups needs. This may include things such as preparing A/V equipment, rearranging floor plans, taking out trash, moving heavy objects, and coordinating with other staff to ensure a space is ready for guests.
- Ability to work occasional weekends, or weekends on a rotating schedule, as the primary point of contact for guests’ needs.
- Willingness to be on call for guest needs as they arise.
- Willingness to be friendly and interact with guests to help them feel welcome and cared for.
- Other duties may be added or changed depending on person’s skills, abilities, and desires
- Occasionally assist with housekeeping and/or event preparation duties as needed
- As a team-oriented staff, considerations can be made to include a spouse job description if a spouse is interested in employment at Summit Grove. Several job descriptions are available on a regular basis.